torsdag den 16. september 2010

Havde jeg bare vidst...


Lone gjorde mig i en kommentar opmærksom på et helt vidunderligt digt, som jeg har læst med fryd. Samtidig fik jeg øje på et andet digt, som jeg tilfældigvis kom til at læse.

Jeg kendte det ikke - men hvor er jeg glad for, at jeg kender det nu. Kender du det?

If I knew
If I knew it would be the last time, that I'd see you fall asleep, I would tuck you in more tightly and pray the Lord, your soul to keep.

If I knew it would be the last time, that I see you walk out the door, I would give you a hug and kiss and call you back for more.

If I knew it would be the last time, I'd hear your voice lifted up in praise, I would video tape each action and word so I could play them back day after day.

If I knew it would be the last time, I could spare an extra minute, to stop and say "I LOVE YOU", instead of assuming you would know I do.

If I knew it would be the last time, I would be there to share your day, Well I'm sure you'll have so many more, so I can let just just this one slip away.

Fore surely there's always tomorrow, to make up for an oversight, and we always get a second chance, to make everything just right.

There will always be another day, to say "I love you", and certainly there's another chance, to say our "anything I can do?".

But just in case I might be wrong, and today is all I get, I'd like to say how much I love you, and I hope we never forget.

Tomorrow is not promised to anyone, young or old alike, And today may be the last chance, you get to hold your loved one tight.

So if you're waiting for tomorrow, why not do it today? For if tomorrow never comes, you'll surely regret the day.

That you didn't take an extra time, for a smile, a hug, or a kiss, and you were too busy to grant someone, what turned out to be their one last wish.

So hold your loved ones close today, and whisper in their ear, Tell them how much you love them, and that you'll always hold them dear.

Take time to say "I'm sorry", "Please forgive me", "Thank You" or "It's OK", and if tomorrow never comes, you'll have no regrets about today.

George Michael Grossman

6 kommentarer:

Madame sagde ...

Hvor er det dog smukt! Nej, jeg kendte ikke digtet, men jeg vil gemme det på min computer og indeni.
Tak, Mia, og ha' en god fredag ...

Mia Folkmann sagde ...

Madame: Jeg har også gemt det begge steder - og husket at sige det, der skal siges...

Knus og også god fredag til dig...

Michael Seeger Hanmann sagde ...

Fantastisk Mia, det kan ikke siges for tit, tiden flyver af sted, få nu sluppet de følelser løs, hvorfor er det nærmest kun alkohol der er i stand til at hjælpe os rigtigt på vej, de følelser er der hver dag slip dem nu løs.
Rigtig god weekend

Lone sagde ...

Det er også et fantastisk digt, Mia. Det så jeg slet ikke i farten. Godt, du gengiver. Nu er det sat i mappe under kloge ord :)

Mia Folkmann sagde ...

Michael: Følelser, der kun bliver sluppet løs efter indtagelse af spiritus, gælder ikke rigtigt, vel?!

Mia Folkmann sagde ...

Lone: Du har mange gode og kloge ord på din blog, og jeg burde have de samme på min, for jeg er helt enig... ;-)